
So I bought one of these pools at Walmart for 7 dollars, and I can say already it is the best 7 dollars I've ever spent! I have been roasting already in this heat. Our house doesn't stay very cool and has been around 80 INSIDE my house the past couple of days. Not to mention that I have an old school car that does not have air conditioning. Olivia and I were starting to get grumpy being so dang hot. We've been using our pool almost EVERYDAY, sometimes more than once a day and it has been wonderful!
Olivia loves the fact that it is a "bath" that she can get in and out of (she is dependent on Mommy and Daddy to get her out of her bathtub inside). She spends most of her time stepping in and out and in and out. I sit in a chair next to the pool with my feet soaking in the cool water, and instantly start to feel better. We do it at my parents house because they have a paved parking lot (which warms up the water just enough to take the chill off) and shade so I can put it part in the sun and part in the shade. Mom sometimes sits by my with HER feet in the pool and we just chat while Olivia tries to see how many times she can go in and out in five minutes. Olivia squeals and start laughing when I start to fill it up and gets very mad if Mommy doesn't strip her down fast enough (she got so impatient she got in fully clothed today!).
8 comments:
I loved these as a kid!
And I'm actually making a call to our home warrant people in a minute, to come and look at our AC. It's 80 in here too!
Yay for kiddie pools! :) I think I would MELT this summer if not for them. Bryan just went to get a patch for ours--we try to save them from the previous summer, but it seems we have to patch a hole each time!
you look really hot in that picture! i can't even tell you are prego!
Well I didn't want to be all "look how hot I am"...but now that you mention it I am one smokin' preggers momma. I've also opted for blonde look and my daughter grew a year older in a week. I know how to rock it poolside! You are so thoughtful to mention my gorgeousness!
hahaha I was going to mention something about how good you looked in that picture too:) funny I love that she got in fully clothed. I might call you this week and we might come play in the pool too:) I still want to make rice but I wont pick the hottest day it can't be fun to cook in a hot house at my appointment yesterday the Dr. asked me how I liked the weather I said" it's great" he said "oh you can tell your not 8 months pregnant" I do feel for you though I am not miserable but I can tell if this last all summer I might need to borrow your pool :) or just spend the $ 7 I don't know? :)
All you hot girls need to come to my house... we just got AC... woo hoo! Love it. Seriously, you're all invited!
Vashit, it sounds like you've been reading "Seriously so blessed" with all your hot mama talk... you are going to have a beautiful fetus! :)
ok, i was totally going to leave the EXACT same comment as kaitly... but now it would be like i was just copying her! :o) I'm glad olivia loves the pool, i need to get ours out too!
Stay cool in the shade. I hear ya on the heat thing. This 80 degrees inside business sickens me. So glad today was at least a little bit cooler.
Post a Comment