
Lately Marcus has been reminiscing about his years in Walla Walla, including how much fun the Balloon Stampede is. We found out that his parents, sister & her husband and baby were going this year. Needless to say we were jealous (some more so than others, especially those of whom who have attended this event in the past). Marcus' parents invited us to go with them, and we will be staying at his Aunt Sheila's house in Tri-Cities.
WE ARE SO EXCITED!!
It will be a totally fun weekend with a ton of hot air balloons. The event is free to all who want to attend and we don't have to pay for a hotel because we are staying with family. So it will be very inexpensive for us and our tight budget and a wonderful weekend getaway! This Balloon Stampede is one of Marcus' favorite memories from when he was a kid, so it will be fun to be able to experience it with him.
The picture above was taken at the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede
PS- I totally love my husband! He super cleaned and organized our bedroom for me while I was at work~ such a wonderful surprise!!
6 comments:
how fun maybe you can ride up in one? they used to do that in Ferndale? I miss it. what a great weekend, I have always wanted to ride up in one. how will Liv do on the car ride?
She is used to car trips when we go to my family in Canada. This trip will be like an hour longer than the Canada ones. We just don't have a schedule and make sure to break up the drive with a "run around" stop so she can stretch her legs. We are also going to have a portable DVD player (the girl loves her baby einstein) that should stave off major meltdowns. She is also pretty good about sleeping in the car. It really helps when you can take your time ;)
Fun! They do this in Boise, but we never got around to going when we lived close... I always wanted to!
That sounds so cool! I had no idea that was in our own state!
I love the balloon stampede. I loved the sound( when the turn the flames on to heat the air in the balloon) of the balloons coming over my parents house early in the morning.
You'll have to go and "chase" a balloon too. It's fun to see them take down the balloon too. Take lots of pictures for me. We haven't gone since we've lived here. I hope you have good weather, it can really impact on whether they go up or not.
Have a blast!
Sorry Vasti that last comment was from me, I've been creating a blog for Brendon's mission and I think it changed some of my other stuff on my profile.
Post a Comment