Monday, January 5, 2009

Thanks Daddy!

See Olivia, It's okay to wear a bib when you eat dinner...even Daddies wear them!
Well I guess if cool guys like my Daddy wears a bib, I CAN TOO!

Daddy keeps eating all my beans!


Today was just "one of those days". Olivia was ESPECIALLY grumpy this afternoon, and it was testing Mommy's patience to the max. So I made the executive decision that tonight qualified as a PIZZA NIGHT. Little Caesar's makes an amazing thin crust pizza-to nights drug of choice being the thin crust supreme with NO onions! I think it was as much the drive TO GET the pizza that I enjoyed just as much as eating it.
Marcus agreed to hold down the fort while I was on my pizza quest. Liv always calms down when Daddy gets home and is so excited to see him. She was way over tired today and just didn't know what to do with herself. She was too cranky to eat even (which if anyone has seen my daughter eat, NOT wanting to eat is a clear sign something JUST AINT RIGHT!). The bib has been a real fight lately, she does not want to wear it, and if you make her wear it....NUCLEAR MELTDOWN! So in an effort to get her settled down, distracted about being tired for long enough to realize she is hungry, Marcus jumped into action. I walked around the corner on my way out the door to see the above scene. LIV EATING and WEARING A BIB!! I heard them before I saw them b/c Liv was laughing and Marcus was singing "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce in a falsetto. She was rocking back and forth to the beat while eating her beans. It was the cutest thing ever!! After I snapped the incriminating evidence Marcus told me he just figured she might be okay with wearing it if she sees other people wearing it too. It totally worked, she only went to take it off when she was almost done with her beans, she also took off Daddy's bib. She just figured they were both done with wearing the bibs at that point.
Us Mommies are always there for them through out the day, to play with them, to love them, to feed and nurture them. Sometimes they are just ready for their fun loving Daddies to come home and just PLAY and PLAY and PLAY. Just the change of scene and all the new and different games that Daddies can come up with is usually just what the doctor ordered! Haven't you ever walked around the corner and witness whatever crazy game is going on thought to yourself "why didn't I think of that?". But I think that is what is fun about both parents. Each has there own way of doing things, which at first I didn't like ("isn't MY way always the BEST way?") but now I realize is so vital to our little rascal's development. It's all the different things that we each bring to the table that are going to keep her well rounded. So.....THANK YOU DADDY!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

They look so cute together!

And Daddies always make things better for some reason.

Jayme said...

I AM VERY IMPRESSED THAT MARCUS LET YOU POST THOSE PICTURES :)

Vashti said...

I convinced him that b/c the post was basically telling the world what a great dad he is, the fact that he is wearing a bib isn't that big of a deal. Hopefully he still feels the same tomorrow!

kaitlyn said...

i think my eyeballs almost fell out trying to read your font... :) and i am wearing my glasses!

olivia sure loves her dad! trevor is thinking about wearing a bib tomorrow.

i am SOOOOO excited for your bday party at lesha's! sounds like a blast!

Musicmom-Amy said...

So true! So true!! Dad's bring their own "spice" to their relationship with the kids.

It was so fun to see Olivia trying to walk with Grandma on Sunday. She's getting to be such a big girl!

Unknown said...

Great post! So true!

I love that her nickname is Liv... it just reminded me that I have a friend named Olivia and her dad used to call her "Princess O" :) It fit her too, even as a teenager :)

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

too cute! Daddies definatley have a special place with the children...

Peter and Lesha said...

that is a very cute nickname and yes I second what Kaitlyn said girl I felt like a very old person trying to read your post. hahaha but the pictures said a thousand words that was great Marcus I love it. that's kind of funny vasht that her not wearing a bib bugs you, Carson pulls his off all the time it's just funny to see what things kids do are pet peeves to their parents. mine is when Carson whines I said the other day to him, "stop winning it's so annoying I would rather have you scream your head off then whine" and sure enough he started to scream and Peter said are you happy now. it was kind of funny. Anyway. cute post