So Olivia IS officially a crawler. She stared on Tuesday night, but we kinda pretended like it never happened so as not to jinx it. It's really slow and methodical and SOOOO cute! Marcus being the ever faithful coach/cheer section would chant "Livy, Livy, Livy" and she would rock back and forth with her hands in the air in a kinda victory dance. It would have been fine with me if she waited longer-cuz I know she's going to be getting into everything now-but Marcus has been very excited for this next step. He kept crawling around her to show her how, she just laughed at him like he was a crazy, and then he has been doing the Livy chant.
Whenever he comes home she is euphoric with excitement. He can get her laughing so hard that she is almost falling over, and tears streaming down her face (not an exaggeration, she literally will laugh so hard she cries). I try not to get bent out of shape about it, b/c it is seriously cute. I can make her laugh and we have cute times together, but me making her laugh is nothing compared to the party her and Marcus have together. when I make her laugh it will be for like a minute and Marcus gets her going for like 5 min. But seriously I'm glad they get to have that special time together. I get to see a lot of special things with her all day, and sometimes Marcus gets frustrated he can't be here for more of it. So when they do spend time together she is completely enchanted, it's really good for both of them. Plus she see's me ALL DAY LONG-I bet a change of personnel is fun for her. Like right now he is giving her a bath and I keep hearing uncontrollable mirth with intermittent squealing echoing down the hall, gotta run so I can watch some of it!
9 comments:
Watch out...now you have to make sure your floors are always clean! That's cute that Olivia loves her dad so much. One of my favorite things is when Jeff gets Braxton laughing, it gets pretty out of control. Your neighborly post made me laugh so hard. I felt like I was actually there and give you lots of credit for being as nice as you were. Some people!
So, I don't have to say "Big News" for someone to think I'm pregnant. I just have to say, "I don't feel well." Or, "I stubbed my toe and it hurts." Must be pregnant.
How fun! Crawling!! They do become little suction cups picking up every piece of lint or paper in sight.
Sound slike a Daddy's girl in the making. Just how it should be :D
Russ is a machine now and my floors... oh my heck! I never realized how much I have to keep up on! Ahh!
And too true... that Primary song "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" was written completely from the heart of a mother who had witnessed it! There's nothing like it!
Yay for crawling!!
I dont mean to sound all...educational but I took a parenting class last semester and we covered the role that fathers play and how important it is for their kids life. Dads help the child to experience tons of different emotions that us mothers usually do not. Like when being tossed in the air, they're able to feel scared, excited and have trust that their father will catch them all at the same time. And while mothers tend to hold their babies inward (which is very important as well), fathers tend to hold them outward so that they can experience the scary world in the trust of their father's arms.
Anyways, just reading your blog reminded me of that :) I hope I didn't bore you too much.
Vashti, I wrote a post that gives you the chance to convince me why I should watch your favorite show.
Hope you stop by with an excellent argument!
congrats Olivia how fun so glad she is walking what new adventures to come I am sure! Yeah it must be a guy thing Peter crawls around Carson all the time, like he's just going to be like "oh that's how I do it" and take off. Thats so cute he can get her laughing so hard, he is so great with kids. I love it when I say Carson wheres Da Da right when I know Peter pulled in the drive way and Carson starts getting all excited and wont stop until we go outside to greet Peter. ok long comment sorry:)
I watched the first season and laughed my arse off!
How fun! I bet your such a good mom. I'm glad to see your doing so well!
Post a Comment