Monday, May 12, 2008

The Results are IN!!

Olivia and I after my interview on the steps of the building

So for all of you who are waiting with bated breath for the results of my interview for citizenship, the results are in....

I MADE IT!!!!!!

I got a little nervous before I had to go back, there were some questions that I was still fuzzy on. Like name the 13 original colonies, and some of the Bill of Rights questions. Luckily my interviewer asked my all the questions I knew, so I got 100%! I also had to read a sentence he wrote ( All the boys are in the park), and I had to write a sentence he told to me ( It is a sunny day today). He also had to review the moral character questions from my application, which was kinda awkward as the questions were: Have you ever prostituted yourself? Have you ever been a habitual drunkard? Have you ever sold drugs? These are just a few. A week later I was sworn in and now I am happy to say I am a lawful citizen of this country. They give you this cute packet that has a mini book of the Constitution, a mini flag, and another book telling you all the great things you get to do now that you are a citizen! US Passport here I come!!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Well, congratulations! We knew you could do it :o)

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

Congratulations! Exciting ; )

The Tulett Family said...

Congratulations Vashti! You get to vote in November...very exciting...

kaitlyn said...

CONGRATS CHICA!!!!! I love you! I was glad we got to drive you down for your interview, that was such a fun girl day!

Unknown said...

Well, God bless America! :) Now you are free to frolic around our fruited plains!