Marcus' family came into town for his graduation from DLI. It was SUCH a wonderful weekend! My Marcus worked so hard and was able to accomplish so much here! I am so proud of him! We had a lot of magical times in Monterey but it wasn't without stress. Marcus had a lot of REALLY long days and had to juggle a lot just to pass, let alone maintaining a 4.0 through his course! In addition to his long days of studying and learning, he also had all his Army guy stuff that he had to do....formations, PT, briefings, Military training days.
His alarm would go off at 3:46 AM and he would get home around 5:30. He would play with the girls and help get them to bed and then would often have a couple hours of homework after that. I could not be prouder of how he handled himself during that time while still seeing to the needs of our family AND making sure I had time to get out of the house and refresh my sanity. I love this man SO MUCH.
Once all the family rolled into town, we HAD to hit the beach. The sun came out and we all felt so refreshed being by the crashing waves.
Graduation morning was foggy and EARLY, but it was nice to get it over with first in the day and have the whole rest of the day to spend together.
Everyone bought their own PT shirt at the PX on post. (PX= Post Exchange.... think like a Target but for Military). We weren't quite sure if we were allowed to buy the shirts for non-military use... but better to ask forgiveness than permission right?? So that night we all got our shirts on and had a photo session. Marcus and Teri's shirts weren't as shiny as ours because theirs were the real McCoy and had been used in an officially capacity (Teri still has hers from her Army days).
Then we started to get crazy with it. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a REAL long time!
After this we tried for like 10 min to get a shot of us all kicking the air Charlie's Angels style. Sufficeth to say we did not do it very well or enough to get a decent picture. Teri actually video taped it and I am sure that it will resurface again later in the future!
The girls had SO much fun! They played hard all day with each other and were loving all the family to cuddle with.
We hit up the Aquarium one day and had a wonderful time seeing all the fish. Through friends I have at church I was able to score almost every single person in our posse a ticket to get in. Fun times and free, doesn't get much better than that!
I love this picture of Marcus and I. He kept squinting because we were faced into the sun so this last one he made sure his eyes were all the way open. He looks like he could be an extra in the Zoolander movie. Gotta love it!
2 comments:
I love it. Good luck on your new adventure!! Write to me. I'm a great pen pal! Alicia Walters 8180 W. 4th Ave. #C201 Kennewick, WA 99336
congrats Marcus!
Post a Comment