In less than 48 hours I will set out (with Kaitlyn, my in laws and my kids) for sunny CA. These last few weeks have been a whirl wind. My computer died a few weeks back and have not been able to access my pictures, hence no blogging. (I hate blogging without pictures to post!).
.
Everything that was "essentials" that I had here at the house got all packed up today. Who knew I had so many danged "essentials". The living room is full of stacks of all my "essentials". Good thing we have the large moving van!
.
I have been totally overwhelmed by the outpouring of love the girls and I have received from family and friends. I had a totally amazing Going Away Party put on by Michelle and Helen. The surprises that ensued that weekend rocked my world and I cried like a baby. It was a perfect weekend with all my favorite, favorite people.
.
Some amazing girlfriends threw me a Ladies Night Out Party, which left my abs hurting from laughing so much. People kept telling their "wasn't it so funny when Vashti embarrassed herself THIS way"..... Or " Remember when Vashti totally embarrassed herself THAT way". Apparently I embarrass myself quite frequently. Totally character building, I say.
.
I have been drinking in all the moments. It makes me feel full and contented to think the wonderful people here that fill my life. Such examples for how I want to live my life and the person I want to be. Friends and family who love my babies as much as I do.
.
I am so excited to see my Marcus. To be together again. Sigh. It has been 10 months since he left for basic training. At times it has felt like the days are flying by so fast, while other times if feels like an eternity passes in one day.... slowly crawling by...
.
Keep us in your prayers as we embark on our road trip! I will do better about blogging when we get there, even if I can't access my pictures I will write about our adventures!
8 comments:
I'm so happy for you!
Here's to a safe road trip and good times!
Safe travels! So happy that you all get to be together again as a family.
Love ya girl! Enjoy your journey!
so hard to say goodbye. I know you will be sooo happy to see Marcus, hope Kaitlyn is not staying at your house with you :) if you know what I mean
Lesh- she is staying there, as well as my inlaws... but I fully intend on kicking them out of the house shortly upon arrival!
That is so great your last few weeks have been so awesome. Good luck with your move. How wonderful you can all be together again!
I know I've said this before, but I have to say it again. I'm so HAPPY for you!!!
Today, seeing the out pour of love and support from your fam and friends was a bit overwhelming for me. I had to book it before I got to emotional.
Your father in-law was so sweet today, he really nicked his forehead pretty bad. It taught me one very important lesson: that I have one REALLY crappy first aid kit in my van. yikes.
Hope you remember to take pics whenever possible. Hope you're getting plenty of sleep right now. Hope the girls don't get stir crazy in their car seats. Hope you can come up with something really hilarious and fun when they do, cause you're really good at that. Hope everyone loves the breakfast at the Hilltop Best Western. Hope you get to enjoy an In-N-Out burger soon. Hope and pray you & Kaitlyn have an awesome/memorable time together.
love you and missing you already.
Yes. I said it. I, Anna Brainard will miss Vashti Radder.
Geesh.
Best of luck on your new adventures!
And we will need to know in your blog how many times you stop to pee on the side of the road in the dark like on you last roadtrip with Kaitlyn.
Post a Comment