Friday, April 15, 2011
Long time, no blog.
These last few weeks have been rough. Lots of big and little things going wrong, kids being sick, me being sick all culminating in my lack of mental abilities. ................................................................................................................................................................ For my husband being gone since July I have felt like I have been doing a really good job of being all that I need to be for the girls and keeping up with all of my Mom jobs. Even if I had a harder day I always did something to change the scene or get us out of the house and shake things up. Tell myself that my attitude set the tone for us and it was up to me to change it or wallow in crankiness. ................................................................................................................................................................... I don't think I could even explain all the things that went wrong last month if I really tried. It wasn't one big thing or even a few major events. It was more like everything ALL day. I would even analyze at the end of the day "was this day really as hard as I felt like it was?".... "Am I just over reacting about this right now?". .................................................................................................................................................................. The truth of the matter was no matter how hard I tried to change things up or have a sunny outlook some catastrophe would happen 5 minutes later. It was out of control and it was the darkest time I have had since Marcus being gone. I just could not catch a break and no amount of optimism seemed to help. ........................................................................................................................................................................ I also didn't feel like blogging. I didn't want to blog about how I was struggling while still in the middle of it and didn't have the heart to blog anything else uplifting because I didn't feel uplifted. ....................................................................................................................................................................... A great friend suggested to me to pray about it. I was honestly trying the absolute hardest I most possibly could and it was not enough. To let Heavenly Father know of my struggles and despite how hard I was working and trying I just couldn't do it and for Him to carry me the extra that I lacked. ....................................................................................................................................................................... A weight was lifted from my shoulders that was staggering. A burden lifted that was so huge I didn't understand the weight of it until it wasn't there anymore. There was still a good week or two after that were things just kept going wrong, but I was starting to get a better handle on it. ..................................................................................................................................................................... Marcus kept gently hinting that I had not posted on the blog for a while and after house sitting last week I feel like things have finally slowed down enough to blog again. We are so close to being together again. One more month until we move to California with Marcus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so sorry that you were having a hard time :( I really hope things brighten for you. I am so glad that you've felt a burden lifted. I have always felt that I don't really realize how bad things were until I look back. Maybe that's kinda a blessing in disguise?
Sending you smooches!
That sounds so tough! I am so sorry, Vashti. It is really hard to be a single parent. Brandon's mother raised 3 boys alone! I don't know how she did it. She had to work full-time and then raise those boys. It would have been so hard. I am getting very excited for the day when you get to move to CA so you can all be together. Hang in there!
I am sorry to hear things have been so rough. But I am happy things are getting better. You're almost there!
I've missed your blogging and I understand your hard time.
It's hard when times are tough because you don't want to dwell on the trials, yet you still need the support, sometimes even more so.
I'm glad you had a good friend to turn too. I have a strong testimony of prayer.
I'm so glad you and Marcus will be reunited again soon!
I have to say that I noticed you hadn't posted something in a while too...I thought maybe it was that you didn't have great internet access...I was hoping it was that. Glad you are feeling better and keep focused! :)
Vashti, you have no idea how much I look up to you and Marcus! You two are AMAZING!! And just remember, even though we don't like the tough times, there is a reason for it. You may not know for years exactly why you needed to go through this trial. But you certainly grown from it. And I see you handling this with so much grace. Just LOVE you tons!!
Can't wait for your family to be reunited!!
Post a Comment