Now I am not a fashionista, by any stretch of the imagination, but there were just some certain things that I was always convinced I would never wear.
.
Things like an entire denim outfit, or Dr. Martin knee high lace up boots (or any over the knee boot for that matter). Those are pretty extreme cases, but I also never thought I would be one of those people who wears the Sketchers Shape-Ups. (Many apologies if you are counted in that group). I just thought they looked a little hokey and maybe it was just all in your mind that they really felt good to wear or that they really worked etc, etc.
.
While at a Shape-Up wearing friends house today, I threw on her Shape-Up sandals to make a quick trip outside. Once I had both feet inside I stopped dead in my tracks. THEY FELT AMAZING. Like I was walking on pillows, like my feet were lighter than air. She wears the same size as me and I momentarily entertained the thought of slipping them in my diaper bag to take them home.
.
I exclaimed to the kids how glorious my feet felt. What joy! What podiatry bliss! How have I gone this long without experience such waltzing happiness!
.
No matter what my earlier opinions of fashion were (as ridiculous and they may be) I WILL be taking myself to the nearest Sketchers outlet ASAP to join the ranks of Shape-Up wearing women! If you have not experienced the glory of wearing such fine shoes, I urge you to go and try some on today!
10 comments:
yeah I think they look very silly and bulky :) and I have tried my moms on a couple times but just wasn't that impressed but maybe the sandals would be less honky looking:) I know a lot of people who like them. I kind of feel like I am crossing a line over to the baggy old housewife when I wear things like this cause the are purely for comfort and not fashion.
The sandals rocked my world, I have not tried the regular shoes yet so they might not be as fabulous. I WILL be buying the sandals (and from a fashion stand point they don't immediately look like shape-ups upon first glance).
I am with you on thinking they are a little hokey, but it sounds like you have been converted and I have yet to try on any.
Just don't start wearing crocs!!! Talk about baggy old housewife style.
I have sandals and shoes. I have chronic back pain and it disappears when I wear my Shape-Ups. I can also be on my feet all day without getting tired. My collection is growing (4 pairs currently). I wanted some for a long time because so many people said it solved their back problems. It was so exciting when they showed up in Ross so I can justify buying them. Regular retail price is a little hard to swallow.
Amy--I may or may not already wear crocks. {{gulp}}
So I guess from a fashion stand point I was already a hopeless case!
Okay, so I am a Florida girl, who will always rock the Crocks! After a girl came into work wearing the Shape Ups - I was sold too. Who cares what your feet look like if your legs and butt are getting tone!
That's a fun post. I'm glad you like the sandals. I'll try them on! I tried on some MBT's (they are another shape up kind of shoe), I couldn't walk. I'll try the sandals.
my my, you are one convincing gal. i always thought that the reebok ones look a little better. wondering if they're as heavenly?
i do have to say, i have a crazy urge to run to a shoe store just find out for myself.
said friend has sandals shapeups which are much better looking than the shoes ones. but i saw in the stores that the are getting rid of that rock the boat bottom and look like regular soles.
anna: i think the reebok ones look better too. they have sandals in the reebok ones.
Post a Comment