Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thank Goodness!


I know-forever since my last post. There are three reasons why I am exclaiming "Thank Goodness!!" REASON 1: Olivia slept completely through the night last night!! Normally she will sleep fine and wake up around 4-5:30, after which I nurse her and she goes back to sleep. I have been longing for a straight through sleep (I know, I know... how much can a girl wish for? all the moms of troubled sleepers are probably wanting to exact revenge on my "goes to bed at seven and never hear a peep til early morning" baby) But she's getting bigger and I don't think that early morning is necessary. Without having to do any ferberizing techniques she slept straight until 8!! I was jumping for joy until she decided all that great slept meant she didn't feel like taking ANY NAPS today!
REASON 2: My amazing, wonderful, magnificent mother offered to watch her for a couple of hours tonight-feed her dinner and EVERYTHING! (OF course this was after I called her with the "what are you doing right now I am going to go crazy unless you watch my baby" conversation). I am really blessed to have such a loving Gramma right next door that loves having Olivia over to play! And not only that but an equally loving Grampa who will play with her for hours on the floor, talking to her, showing her toys, crawling around with her. He is her second favorite (right after Dada who is #1 favorite). She lights up every time she sees Grampa and cries if he doesn't pick her up right away, it is so cute! THANK YOU GRANDPARENTS!
REASON 3: A totally loving husband who doesn't mind in the least if I haven't got the house spic and span. A guy who is totally willing to do dinner time, bath time, diaper duty, just to give me some "alone" time. I wanted to take a nap on Sunday (it was like 5 pm) and he said "sure I got her" and before I knew it I had conked out and woke up by Marcus asking me if Olivia needed to be nursed before bed. He had done all the "feed dinner and get ready for bed" routine without so much as a single complaint. It was glorious to sleep so long!
Don't get me wrong, being Olivia's mom is the greatest blessing I could ever ask for! She amazes me every single day with her smile, her hugs, her laughs and squeals. It's just every once in a while this mom needs a break! So while I started the pasta water I got to thinking about how blessed I am by all the support I have in my life and figured I could squeeze in a quick post waiting for the water to boil. It is quiet in my house and I am looking forward to making home made mac and cheese without chasing a crawling speed demon around!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

So true! We really are spoiled and what if we weren't? I have no idea what I would do somedays without such a great husband and mom....and kids of course! Way to go Marcus!

Tanya Bennett said...

Isn't it amazing how sleep makes everything just a little bit better!!! We are all so blessed by our wonderful parents that are willing to help us in our quest for sanity.

kaitlyn said...

i am glad you got a little much needed break. and that you posted about it! anyway.... i hope you have a good evening with michael, we still haven't watched last week.

i hope that mac n cheese recipe makes it on the blog (picture or no- but i vote for picture)

Kristina P. said...

I think it's great you posted this! I see way too many moms in the blogging world who feel guilty for taking a break, or even admitting that they need one.

Musicmom-Amy said...

We ALL definately need breaks, so matter what stage of Mothering we are in. And when you don't have your Mother's around, that's where RS sisters step in to help.

Hooray for sleeping babies :D

Peter and Lesha said...

so glad you posted again, I watch for it. Glad Olivia slept, I know what that must feel like, well, not really cause Carson never does it but I am sure it's awesome and yes I have that conversation with my mom all the time!!!